|Posted by [email protected] on May 11, 2016 at 3:25 PM|
Bathroom Safety Tips For The Elderly
In most people's house, the bathroom seems to be the safe, comfortable place. For example, think of a soothing hot bath ,a deluge from the daily pressures of life.
However, it can also be one of the most dangerous and risky rooms in the house. This is holds a lot of truth for the older, elderly adults. Alongside, a small amount of resolution and employing a few basic bathroom safety tips, you can make the bathroom a safe and relaxing place for everyone in the household.
Enjoy these relaxing tips to make your life much easier in the bathroom.
1. Maintain the water heater temperature at 120 degrees or lower, if needed.
2. Always have someone close by for safety measures, in case a slip or fall occurs.
3. Keep all social areas well lit for night traffic to and from the bathroom.
4. Add grab bars and transfer benches and shower stools to prevent unwanted falls.
5. Add slip proof mats to the inside of shower/tub and outside of shower/tub area.
6. Ensure the bathroom doors have locks on both sides, in case of an accident and someone can unlock door from the outside.
With that being said, as we age we want to live at home longer. This can only happen if the proper responsibility is taken to make the bathroom a safer place within the household.. The elderly need help in making sure their home is safe in all areas , especially the bathroom area.
Shop now for all your Bathroom Safety Equipment!
Mountaineer Complete Care carries a full line of bath safety items for your choosing.